Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Classroom Management

I used excel to create a class list with the students' classroom number (the students were numbered in alphabetical order), first and last name.   I would copy and paste this list a couple of times on the worksheet and print. Then the lists were cut out and taped down by the phone, by the cubbies (my cubbies were numbered so I didn't have to redo names each year) and one by my desk.

I was lucky enough to have a class set of computers in my classroom and the computers were numbers.  I taped a list on the cart to help a student helper or guest teacher determine who had not put their computer up yet.

I called this my 'small' class list.  If you want to get fancy, you can set up a master class list and link the 'small' lists to it.  Then when you change a child on the master list, it changes all the lists.  Print, cut out and replace the other lists and you are ready to go.

Usually I would use a fine tip marker and white out to fix the lists until they were messy from too many students coming and going.  Then I would print a new list.  Word of warning:  Every time I printed a new list a new student would come and mess the new list up.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment