Monday, February 13, 2012

Text Feature Book

I wanted a fun way to get the students engaged and thinking about text features. I searched the internet and found a book someone created.  I cannot find out who created the book to give them credit.  If you are JJ, let me know so I can give you credit for the book.  I modified it for my classroom use.  I also found a text feature file of examples.    I don't know where I found it.  If this is your file, please let me know so I can give you credit.  I modified this file too as I added pictures to correspond with the additions I made to the book.  I made the template for students to use in Publisher. 

We went through the book adding comments about each text feature.  Then students opened the example file.  They copied an example and then pasted it on the appropriate page in the text feature book.  I thought we would add arrows to point out the text feature on the example but we ran out of time.

Using the booklet feature on Publisher

    
Text Feature Examples (I have five pages of examples.)   
Click on Properties to print the project as a booklet.

No comments:

Post a Comment